Sunday, December 22, 2013

1st annual cousin cookie fest


On Saturday afternoon we began a new holiday tradition with the Witherspoons.  We joined Dave, Christy, Ian and Luke for cookie decorating and dinner.   We both arrived armed with pre-made cookies, some sugar and some gingerbread, and decorations and icing. 
Ben "hung with it" much longer than I expected and surely because of the sugar and Ian was entertained even longer.  
Dinner was glazed chicken legs from a recent Wildtree party Christy attended and was incredibly delicious.  I am excited to be attending a party in February and get in on the Wildtree craze. 
The boys had SO much fun playing all evening and Luke awoke part way through dinner perfectly on cue.  I look forward to this being an annual tradition and seeing just how elaborate the cookies get over the years. I also think with the sweet tooth's we have on hand that these boys might never be "too cool, " to decorate cookies.



Ian's creations
 
Caught!!


Ben's handiwork




the evidence

The Heimer Spread

The Witherspoon Collection (Ian loves googly-eyes)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!!! We decorate cookies every year, and I still have fun. The Williams Sonoma icing tubes are great for detail work -- When the kids get old enough for details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The final products are so creative - way to go, boys! I love how you keep your December calendar filled up with such fun activities. Also, I will need the full scoop on your Wildtree party, por favor.

    ReplyDelete