Wednesday, October 23, 2013
GLASSES OFF!!!
So, many kiddos I've known and loved (especially the girls,) go through stages of weird peculiarity where they demand the craziest things. They need things lined up or their parents to wear certain shirts or their hair a certain way. I thought that with a boy and especially with one who was so engaged in the the whole word around him at a typically break-neck pace, I would never experience this strange preference for things to be a certain way. Well, Ben has decided his "thing" of the moment is my sunglasses. When we are indoors and my sunglasses are on my head, he asks me to take them off. This started a couple weeks ago and I thought little of it. The other day he had the iPad and noticed my glasses on and I tested him. I told him it was no big deal and to just make the most of his iPad time. Holy Moly!! He was having none of my shrugging him off and would have surely dissolved into full-blown melt-down had I not finally obliged and removed my sunnies. We tested him with Ryan last night and he didn't notice or care. It's pretty hysterical and I cannot even begin to guess why he cares so much. I"ll let you know if I figure it out or when it ends. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, I think it is just beginning and possibly the tip of the iceberg if Ben is anything like Cadyn at this age. I am convinced it is part of the whole see-how-much-I-can-control thing that happens at 3 years old. Cadyn has had many demands over the last two years. Some go away quick and some have remained to this day - one being that she always asks me to put my hair down if it is tied back. I, too, have tested her and not given in to the demands or borderline OCD compulsions and the requests are much fewer and far between now. I am intrigued, keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this, so this is quite interesting to me!!! I second the: Keep us updated above. :)
ReplyDelete