Wow! I got so used to having my Monkey with me all the time with nearly six solid weeks without school, including our ten day road trip, that 2.5 hours alone today was tough!
Of course I was worried about how he was fairing at his new school, but the last twenty minutes had me toe-tapping and flipping through a catalog without really looking at it.
Ben awoke extra early talking about school and I was shocked at how well it all went overall. He hadn't even seen his classroom before today but walked right in, sat on a little sofa with a book and was quite content. We were surprised to see Luke from his last school there as we'd heard he was still at the JCC, but Ben was thrilled to see him.
Ben will spend this year in a three-year-old classroom with two teachers and 19 classmates. He will attend every weekday morning for two and half hours and still gets to join me at home for lunch. :) He will get speech therapy within his classroom once a week and a little bit of occupational therapy for staying on task and increasing his attention span. He barely qualified for the occupational therapy, and although it's not a worry or priority for me and I think lots of three-year-old boys would likely qualify, we'll take all the help and attention we can get.
I'll update you all in a week or so as the next couple will be telling but so far so good......for one of us at least!
you serious about me carrying this heavy pack??
the closest to a smile and thus, my favorite pic of the morning
a last minute addition for the car ride :)
a little trepidation as we waited for his room to open




Way to go mama and Ben! I'm so excited to hear about the progress and changes with the new school. (Nerd alert.)
ReplyDeleteSuch a big boy! I hope he loves his new school. Btw, I still heart that he and Cadyn have matching backpacks. :)
ReplyDeleteI do too! I think about lil C's often when I put his on him. They asked for backpacks big enough for a big folder but I just couldn't part with this one yet. If the folder sticks out, so be it!
Delete