Last Saturday was Day 1 of the making of Michael Phelps Jr. I suppose it really began when Ben was born with an innate love of the water. His early swimming lessons and our neighborhood pool in Wichita must have only helped develop his comfort in and love of the water.
We've taken it one step further with help from a generous MeeMee and Ben had his first private swimming lesson at Denver University. Because we can't "test" into a higher level anywhere else until he is 3 years old, MeeMee had the brainstorm for us to search out private lessons to aid his development.
He hopped right into the water with teacher Val and as usual, had no fear. She gave us a few techniques to work on and already by the end of his lesson, his kicks were straighter and more graceful. Due to some competitions at the University, this session is only 6 weeks, but I'm quite anxious to see Ben's development in that time. You all know I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment