Thursday, February 7, 2013
Mommy
Mommy has come to our house. :( She crept in last week and the first few times I heard it muttered I quickly pushed it out of my mind as a terrible dream. Alas, she is still here and I am now referred to as "mommy," about 40% of the time. While this is really great from a speech standpoint for Ben in terms of complexity, etc., I was not prepared. I was hoping to be the softly muttered "Mama," forever. I'm quite certain he picked it up at preschool right along with his ear infection. I'm pretty sure Mommy can't be wiped out with anitbiotics though so I am learning to accept it and preparing the For Rent sign for his bedroom. I suppose he'll be leaving for college any minute now. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Better than Mom, with a teenage eye roll? :( Sorry, friend.
ReplyDeleteAww, you will come to cherish 'mommy' as well. :) Just wait until he learns your first name. Oy.
ReplyDelete