Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dada hung the moon

Anyone who spends ANY time with Ben right now knows that Dada created everything. EVERYTHING!  It all began when Ben watched Ryan hang our dining room light and has evolved into Dada making or hanging everything.  This list includes but is not limited to.....trees (all of them), the sky, the moon, the sun, EVERY light and clock in existence (which are pointed out everywhere we go,) mirrors, and pictures (which Dada clearly took or painted and hung.)  Our dinnertime convo lately (which sadly doesn't often include Dada,) consists of repeating "Dada Mirror" or "Dada Light" over and over and over and over........and then the NPR app on my phone went kaput and I jumped off the deck. :(  Okay, I didn't really jump off the deck and this story does have a point.  Today as Ben attempted the nap he never gave into, he lay in his bed repeating, "Dada hung mirror, " and "Dada hung light."  Three word phrases are very limited for Ben right now so as much pain as the constant Dada dialogue brings me, I was literally dancing a happy jig outside his bedroom door as he repeated this over and over and over and over. :)



Today at school Ben and his friends celebrated Purim and I'm confident the Hamantashen they baked had giggle tonic and caffeine in it.  Although I knew some of the Jewish holidays from my childhood friendships and college studies it has been really fun to learn about them all.  They also made challah and got to dress in costume. Super Whyatt was quite the celebrity, both in Ben's class and around the school and it seems all the fun was just too much for our little man to settle down from. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for verbs!!! And Ben has SO much to teach me about the Jewish culture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That.little.face. So cute. And that dada stays very busy hanging all kinds of stuff, I know! :)

    ReplyDelete