On Saturday I turned 33!! I have officially deemed this year, Tres! Tres!, (as in the Spanish numbers, not the French very, very.) Although I do feel very very lots of things, I prefer the Tres! Tres! with a little Latin flair and a lot of feeling :).
I told my Mom the other day that I feel a bit more relaxed and a bit more able to let go of some things that don't matter. I'm also in a good place of
Saturday's celebration was a shining example of how blessed I am to be where I am surrounded by family and friends who went out of their way to make me feel tres magnifique.
I started the day with a run at Wash Park and my music and phone dying half way through cut my run short but gave me quiet time to contemplate the day. Sadly, Ryan had to go into work for a bit but the weather was SO beautiful that I planned a picnic lunch in the park that he had to be back for :).
Molly joined Ben and I for a little shopping and playing and we all headed to the picnic.
Sun, sand and flip-flops on Jan 19th! Another on a long list of reasons to love D-Town!
I sure heart these handsome boys :)
While Ben napped, Nana and Papa stopped by with a gift and a hug and the goal of throwing off my knowledge of the surprise that was to come later.
I showered and beautified for my date with Ryan at nearby Wash Park Grill. I had been thinking for many weeks that he and Molly were up to something as we were strolling one day before Christmas and he said, "so, I've been thinking about your birthday...." Well, I know he hadn't given a second thought to my birthday and thought this must have been prompted by Molly. They did lots to attempt to throw me off over the following weeks and though I still suspected something, I certainly didn't expect a room FULL of nearly 30 of my friends and family. Ryan and I had been having drinks and appetizers down the street and I guess many people in our party had walked by and seen us sitting there. Ryan even looked up at one point after getting a text and made me suspect there was still something going on. I knew as soon as the hostess led us away from the main dining room that something was amiss but was overwhelmed and delighted at how many people came. They even had specially printed menus! Dinner was expectedly delicious, and the company was delightful! I certainly couldn't have planned it better if I tried. I also think my husband learned he needs to ask me on dates more often. :)
HUGE thanks to all who came and all who made it happen. I don't think I've felt so special since my wedding day and I was thrilled Tres! Tres! could be an excuse for us all to get together!
Caylee came to babysit Ben and he was THRILLED the next morning at these balloons. They have entertained him (and his Dad) for days.





Sounds like a simply wonderful day. Props to Molly and Ryan for trying - both you and I are hard people to surprise. ;) Happy Tres Tres to you, dear friend, it WILL be the best yet!
ReplyDelete