Tuesday he awoke with a runny eye but still no fever and happy as could be. Yesterday the eye was worse and my momma sense told me to get a Dr. appointment. I just wanted to be sure that with the cough and everything else, I wasn't leaving my poor Monkey to a battle he couldn't win. So, we went, they saw, and my notions were conquered. The runny eye was infection spreading from his ears and though his nasal sinuses looked fine, because everything is connected, the Dr. feared he may also have a sinus infection. So, we gave in and the Nugget is on his first antibiotics and probiotics to counter-act them and some herbal ear drops too. I take great comfort in knowing my hippie Dr's only prescribe antibiotics as a last resort and was glad my momma sense had been correct. The Dr. said I was right to let the cough and other crud linger and that this infection was new and would have made itself more strongly known with pain and fever in the coming days.
I tell you though if it weren't for the eyes, I'd have no clue he is sick. I am trying to force fluids and have him take it easy but our taking it easy yesterday got me a kid who was babbling away until 10:30 pm. We ventured to a park in today's bright sunshine and I tried my best to wear him out. I kept him home from school as he hadn't yet been on the magic drugs for 24 hours.
Sadly, the Dada has a nasty cold as well. He woke me with his coughing today before 5 am and I demanded he take some Nyquil and sleep for a few hours after he stated he should just get up and go to work!! He HAD to be to a meeting at 11 but I'm hopeful the liquids, sleep, and last night's homemade chicken soup will work their magic. There is little I can do about his long long hours at work except remind him they are no way to get better quickly.
Parenthood is certainly about letting go and about constantly changing expectations. I'll admit the childhood free of antibiotics was a stretch but no one can blame me for trying :).
"Mom I can take that picture for you."
a smile for......Dada, and proof he'd feeling a-ok.
Aw, hope he is 100% soon! Good intuition, mama.
ReplyDeleteWell, it was a nice dream, anyway. :) Those preschool kids all together is my nightmare of a giant petri dish, Yikes.
ReplyDelete