Last Saturday night we took part in the 1st Annual Holiday Hayride on Gaylord St. It was coordinated by a local advertising magazine and sponsored by local businesses so that all the ticket proceeds went to the Season to Share charity campaign. I was thrilled I had decided on the earliest 5pm time-slot as Denver got it's first real taste of winter just as we started the trek back home.
When we returned to Gaylord St., Father Christmas was waiting in an elaborate little hut and a bonfire warmed the adults. The Washington Park grill also had warm adult beverages streetside so all ages were happy. After the kiddos took their time with Father Christmas we made the blistery trek back home for dinner. I made Molly's apple cheddar butternut squash soup and lots of pot luck goodies completed a scrumptious meal. The kiddos retired to the basement to watch Elf and the adults made merry and celebrated the season.
I wrote to the sponsors the next day to thank them and tell them it will be a tradition for our group. As the tickets sold out quickly even after extra "sleighs" were added, I think our new tradition is secure. Now if I can just get every house on the route to put up elaborate light displays......perhaps another good New year's resolution??
Sara and Grace-sissie love:)
Kinsey, MeeMee and Tante
off we go.....
this is when I begged for a picture of this cute couple and their dog outside their AMAZING house saying, "you have to take a picture, I mean that's America!" This many million dollar home steps from Wash Park is far from most of "America," but the charm worked on me!
The whole Lineberry clan
Nana and Papa
the Tiny Tudor housed all 12 of us just fine but she was full!
Thanks to ICT neighbors Bruce and Cheryl for Ben's adorable outfit.
Just as the evening wound down, the snow began to fall. You could hear kids up and down the block yelling, "it's really snowing," "it's really snowing." It's been a DRY winter in CO so far.
You can watch a short and poorly lit video of our caroling here :)


I am in love with your neighborhood!
ReplyDeletePS - Also in love with your festive sofa pillows.