While moving last week the movers and I were listening to NPR and President Obama's speech after the Supreme Court ruled that his Healthcare mandate is indeed constitutional. The President ended his speech with a firm, "God Bless America." I giggled inside and thought of how I could get my house full of VERY large African American males to salute so I repeated, "God Bless America!" Next, all the movers in earshot joined in a rumbling and loud response and repetition of their own. It brought us together and made us all smile for a bit despite the sweltering heat.
So, yesterday and maybe forever as I thought of those 3 words, I thought of that moment with a smile:). Last week while watching footage of a suicide bomber wreaking havoc at a funeral in Syria, I really spent some time contemplating how blessed we all are to call America home. Flawed though our government and many facets of our lives are, there is absolutely no place I'd rather call home.
We were thrilled to be back in CO for the Fourth and get to join the Lineberry's in their traditionally hosted celebration. One of my favorite parts (and the time I usually spend contemplating the blessings of this country) was missing this year-fireworks. Fireworks were banned nearly everywhere due to the devastating fires that have taken over our state in the last few weeks. Though I really missed them, I was very glad to not hear a single one. It's still way too dry and hot in our state to tempt fate and our firefighting resources are already stretched to the brink.
The Dads at the Lineberry's still managed to shake up some fun and there were still explosions to be had. Between a bouncy house and water slide with a pool, face-painting, a bike parade, and three flavors of home made ice cream, I don't think a single kid (young or old) missed a moment of fun!!
Ben is OBSESSED with Grace's guitar. Forgot to have it moved before arrival :/
Uncle Cole in on the action
sad smoky sky
Cutie Hailey
Water balloons
Beautiful Tante
the explosions
Pretty Payton
Watching the explosions with Auntie Amy
the bikes. post parade.
dapper and handsome Grayson
best buds and their babes :)





Great movers story. And do the Lineberrys know how to throw a party, or what?!
ReplyDelete