Friday, February 10, 2012

Cousins



On Wednesday this week, Ben and I got to spend the day hanging out with his cousin Ian.  Nana Pat watches him a couple days and week and Ben and I made the trek to Colorado Springs this week to help out for a couple hours so Nana could go to a Dr's appt.  At almost 9 months, Ian is sitting up and rolling everywhere and just on the verge of crawling.  It was such a fun day as he is at such a fun age.  He was totally enamored by his big cousin Ben who could just effortlessly stand up and run away.  By the end of the day I had to give Ian his bottle right next to Ben so he could clearly see him and all he was up to.  If Ben ran away, Ian threw his bottle and sat upright trying to track him.
Nap time with two babies (one with a stranger and one in strange surroundings,) did not go well.  Ian went to sleep great at first but Ben's screaming quickly woke him.  I could then get Ian to sleep but not put him down and after a few rounds of room to room I just got them both up.  It brought to mind some of the challenges there would be with two close in age.  
Despite the lack of sleep, both boys were very happy and had lots of fun together.  It will be fun to watch them grow and play together in the coming years as their age gap of 9 months will shrink quickly and they'll be joining forces against us all in no time:).

Teaching Time





Ian trying to check out Jelly......I don't think so buddy:).



1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are so cute! Ian is growing into the cutest little boy and Ben looks so big next to him. Great shots, Mama!

    ReplyDelete