Ok, I promise that at some point I'll stop with the 2nd this and the 3rd that, but Halloween was Ben's first major holiday to experience for the second time. And yes, per the last post, Ben was the tiger on the loose. As Halloween loomed, (in July) I thought about what Ben would choose to be if he could. The answer was quick and clear-a tiger, just like his best friend Jellycat. He also makes a cat hissing noise quite often that I hoped he'd keep up through Halloween. Although he still makes the noise frequently, getting him to do it on queue was laughable. There is a video here. I found an amazing deal on a costume on Zulilly in August never dreaming he'd be trick-or-treating in Colorado.
We drove in from Wichita and quickly freshened up and put Ben into his Tiger best. Our first stop was great Grandma Lola's assisted living facility where all the residents that choose to line up in chairs around the lobby and hand out candy. It was very busy and noisy and chaotic and Ben took it all in stride and quickly wanted to set off on his own to explore. I was a bit worried as he has screamed at the "hello's" of well meaning older ladies in the grocery store several times, that the older people might frighten him. He loved every minute and I think Grandma Lola was quite surprised and thrilled by our visit.
Visiting a little pup
Ryan telling his Grandma that we live here now
Walking up to surprise Great Grandma
We met up with Tante next and looked at a couple houses before heading back to Nana and Grandpa's for trick-or-treating. After a quick dinner, we headed out around the cul-de-sac where Ryan had done the same MANY years before. It was fun to see neighbors we knew and meet new ones. Ben enjoyed himself though was totally clueless the whole time. He did enjoy the Grandpa who counted four treats into his treat bag, but other than that, I think Monkeypants Nugget Tiger was just happy to be outside surrounded by his doting family. Some playing with Tante capped the evening and we all fell into bed EXHAUSTED!! After reading about our friend Cadyn's Halloween experience in the great white north, I am excited for how fun Halloween #3 should be.
I think the pumpkin patch last year had lasting effects :(
This was the sweet counting Grandpa
Waiting patiently
rrrrrrawwwwrrrr!! Hissssssss!
a happy Tiger



Aw, everyone looks so happy that you are home :) That hissing photo is fantastic. And, yes, Cadyn says to tell Ben his next Halloween will be MUCH more fun and interactive!
ReplyDeleteI melt. That's all.
ReplyDelete