Monday, November 21, 2011

15 Months

Cuddling with Dad on 15 month Eve


Well, our little Ben has made that PA at his 14(15) month appointment eat her words.  Most excitingly, yesterday evening, just as his 15 month birthday was coming to a close, our little Nugget walked!! There were not 3 steps this time, but 5, then 8, then "Mama get the video camera!!", then back and forth across Nana and Grandpa's family room several times.  
You can watch clips here and here.
We spent today and will tomorrow with friends Grace and Sara while they are off school and Ben walked all over Sara's giant gymnastics studio today.  I was a proud, proud Mama, proclaiming to several spectators that Ben had, "been at this less than 24 hours!"  You can watch my upside down video prowess here.
We have all quickly learned the important role certain shoes, certain surfaces, and certain combinations of the two play in Ben's walking abilities.  Right now it's LOTS of fun.  I'll be sure and let you know if I still think so in a week.
In other 15 month news, Ben has added several words to his repertoire that I can confidently say he knows (not being a blind or fibbin' Mama).  These words include go, Anna and Nana (actually discernible), Hi, and we're getting close with Bye Bye.  Added to his Mama, Dada and Tante, I think the PA would now be satisfied :).
I think he loves having more people and family around which has made me cherish our one-on-one walks the past two weeks as he chatters away and giggles with delight at each pup we pass.  

Clement Park where we walk and run.


I am trying to let him help feed himself with utensils more and now that walking is underway, I will focus more time on self-feeding and drinking from a cup.  I have perhaps gotten a bit lazy with nearly all finger foods that I can let Ben feed himself.
While Ben still really loves Grouchy Ladybug, he is very into Goodnight Moon and It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown with interactive sounds that he got for Halloween from friend Cadyn.  His focus and love for reading increases every day and he'd be happy to sit in my lap and be read to for hours on end.
Since our move, he's been sleeping 11 hours or more at night and often taking two good naps.  I guess the activity and mountain air is good for him. 
Speaking of sleep, as this may be the latest at night I've blogged since Ben was 3 months old, I will say goodnight and promise an update for all I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Ben, when you read this when you are six or seven you will probably already stay up later than Mom and this will all make sense.  Love you!

3 comments:

  1. Are we working on "MeeMee" in the vocabulary???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing what can change in a month? This makes me sad and anxious to see you again SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This IS late for you ;) Well, mark down another matching outfit for Ben and Cadyn (I think...it was hard to tell from your crazy upside-down video-ing, but it looked familiar :)) Glad Ben likes his book from Cadyn and am so excited his world is expanding so quickly!

    ReplyDelete