Now that school is back in session, so begins another year of Tot Tuesday's at the Humane Society. Once a month they host tots from tiny to pre-k for story time, an activity, and a visit with the animals. I will share my disappointment but also say any nearly free opportunity for Ben to be with other kiddos and explore a new place is a blessing. The first book read was a tiny board book that was hard for the big group to see. The second big book was read by a kind woman almost exclusively to the girl right in front of her and at a barely audible level. I wanted to grab it from her hands and say, "this is how you read a story to a room full of kids!!"
Ben quickly headed for the door when the stories were done as I wasn't going to let him dive into the peanut butter involved project. As with many others we attempt, this activity will be better with age but we'll keep going for the kiddo and pup interactions.
Don't be fooled into thinking he sat like this for the stories.
Dog treat activity
Outta Here!
Ben's favorite little tripod Chihuahua. He still loves the little pups best.
He loved the ceiling fans, black shag rug, and metal hand sanitizer stand more than any animal.


Oh my gosh, he look so grown up :(
ReplyDeleteDid you know I used to work at a library? I can rock out a story time!! :-) Glad you guys are having fun.
ReplyDeleteMaybe next to their donation box the KHS needs to have a comment box on how to make Tot Tuesday run a little more smoothly ;)
ReplyDelete