Make that First Mother's Weekend! When the boys inquired last week about what I wanted to do on Mother's Day, I mentioned Tanganyika Wildlife Park (which this plan-ahead Mom had a Groupon for.) Until........we discovered Tanganyika was free for Mom's on Mother's Day. Crazy crowds??-No thanks! So, we went Saturday, and Tanganyika did not disappoint. They have many interactive exhibits where you can feed or pet the animals. They also walk around with other rare or baby animals that don't have their own exhibit. Ben's favorite was definitely the Nigerian Goats. I almost kidnapped Frank, (see pictures) and will send a PRIZE to the first reader to respond with why I named him that.
A Real-Life Sophie
Ben did not care and that lettuce leaf cost $1
Frank
Frank-headshot
I forgot to mention that we started the afternoon with free for Mom's lunch at Pei Wei. Thanks Changs! We spent the afternoon relaxing as a fam and laughing at Ben the gigglebot. We ended the evening with nachos and Entourage-perfection!-and thanks Angela for the delicious lettuce. Ryan did say, "these nachos are better than ever."
Whew!, we haven't even made it to Sunday yet! I hadn't even made it downstairs before I had a cup of coffee in my hand and my day could have ended there. Ryan doesn't drink coffee so it's always on me to make and I hate those painful minutes while it brews. Next Ryan prepared "potatoes like my Mom makes," eggs over easy and applesauce filled eableskiver. On this day, ask and I received!
Next came gifts!
Right before breakfast
He did wake up just in time for the gifts!
In that little blue box is a charm for my Tiffany charm bracelet that will have Ben's name and DOB on it. I've been dreaming of that little piece of silver since before I was dreaming of Ben! Thank you Nugget.
We have been living without a non-stick pan for months and this one is awesome. I told Ryan he should have suggested I put omelets on the dinner menu. Of course I would have responded with, "yeah, and you're gonna make them in what pan?"
After Ben refused a morning nap, we all went for a run. Peanut butter bonanza smoothies for lunch and then a sensible dinner............actually, it was. For dinner we had shish-ka-bobs with teriyaki steak, garlic orange shrimp, and veggies over rice pilaf. I also got to watch The King's Speech in the afternoon, which Ryan had seen on a recent plane trip, and all the accolades the film received were quite justified.

Frank the tank!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome, but I don't think it was the lettuce that made your nachos so delicious. :-) I am so glad you had a perfect 1st Mother's Day Weekend, just think of all the many wonderful years to come.
ReplyDeleteSounds like an AMAZING weekend! What a sweet husband you have to pamper you like that. And Ben the gigglebot would be the BEST entertainment :)
ReplyDelete