Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A first time for everything...or....Ruben the miracle worker

Our realtor, DeDe ended up at our old house one day after we moved to deliver keys and ran into Ruben.  I happened to ask her right about then if she had any recommendations for a painter.  I'd had one quote and one on the way, but couldn't get the last couple to call me back.  She mentioned Ruben who had been there painting Josephine and said it looked great.  Ruben has a magnetic personality that wins you over instantly and well, he got the job.  He was 3ish weeks out when we got our quote so when we got our financial ducks in a row and signed the contract, I thought he'd be coming sometime in early December.  When he said he could fit me in early the next week, I was shocked.  Tante and Brandon would be here and Thanksgiving prep would be in full effect, but I was thrilled at the prospect of the work being done.

Ryan and I have never paid anyone to paint, largely due to Nana's mad skills, but the beams and tall vaulted ceiling of our formal living and dining rooms called for a professional.  The sellers had recently painted and sadly managed to slop yellow paint onto most of the ceilings so those had to be done as well.  I chose Sherwin William Online gray and Ruben and his team got to work on the living room, dining room, kitchen, eating space, and upstairs hallway.  They also painted the front doors Sherwin Williams Naval (maybe my most favorite color in the world) and gave delightful new life to tired 80's relics.  Here's the proof.........



before



after


before



after (white trim coming soon)

with the updated hardware





new Ikea wires in the kitchen for the new wall

We couldn't be more happy with Ruben and his team's work.   It doesn't show in pictures, but the caulking they did around the beams and cabinets was stellar.  I've already recommended him to a few people and we will have them back in the Spring to paint the outside.  We are chomping at the bit to replace the yellow (yes, yellow) baseboards and odd quarter rounds and have the paint pop even more.  His team was so courteous and fast that a girl could really get used to their services.  I'll post more pics when the new lights come in next month.  For now it's time to get cooking!

3 comments:

  1. Loving all of the house updates! You have SUCH an eye for decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb color choices, as usual. The navy door really makes a difference. And you know I'm a big fan of those wires!

    ReplyDelete