Monday, July 20, 2015

running for Mayor

We were SO thankful we decided to get home from Montana Saturday evening so we had Sunday to re-group before the new week.  We didn't have much for breakfast so headed for the S. Pearl Street farmer's market.  We came upon some people with a "bee-safe yard" sign-up whose kiddos were helping them get their petition signed, and Ben quickly got to work greeting e.v.e.r.y. s.i.n.g.l.e. person we encountered.  The bee safe lady quipped, "so he's running for Mayor, huh?" as Ben introduced himself to the rest of her family.  Of course we love his out-going nature but people are frequently and surprising off-put by it.  I appreciated her comment and her smiling over him and it reminded me about all the ways he might put his happy, friendly nature to use in his life.  Please don't blame me if I quietly pray it's not put to use for politics.

 He was not convinced that the breakfast tacos were as good as the 
sold-out breakfast burritos he was expecting. ;(
 


3 comments:

  1. The world needs more independent and empathetic politicians. Just think of all the good he could do! Nuggs - we hope you grow up to be whatever you want and will always encourage you to dream big. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mayor wouldn't be so bad!! ;) I love your son's outgoing spirit, and I hope nothing ever quells it.

    ReplyDelete