Saturday, November 15, 2014

I made it 4 years, 2 months, 22 days, and 8(ish) hours....... **UPDATED**

....before giving in to one of Ben's requests to sleep in our bed.  (There have been a couple of nights here and there when he was very sick that he has slept with one or both of us.)
Ben finally had the logic to say, "Daddy's not here. He doesn't need to sleep there."  With temps below zero and after a long conversation about how things would go the next night when he returned to his own bed, I gave in.  Unfortunately, Ben doesn't have a clue about all the things we do after he goes to bed and couldn't deal with the fact that I wasn't going to bed at the same time.  After a few sessions of jumping on the bed, looking out the window, and coming out of our room altogether, he went back to his own bed. :(  I do look forward to "sleepovers" when Ryan travels in the future but will plan better and maybe reserve them for non school-nights.  Nice try buckaroo!!!

**UPDATE**

Last night, just days after his initial attempt, Ben and I had a sleepover in my bed.  I was tired from a long week and knew I could likely fall asleep but also knew Ben would likely sleep quickly too.  He had a sleepover with Tante Thursday night and was up at 4 am. :(  We also rarely have Friday nights when Ryan is gone so I took advantage.  It was fun to snuggle and Ben kept reaching out for my head throughout the night. :) Unlike his father, though, this kid doesn't stop snoring with a little nudge. (yaaaawn)  I did fall asleep early and got up early too, and was able to finish addressing our holiday cards.  Ryan will be home in a few hours in case when I need a nap.

3 comments:

  1. I am all for the importance of routine, but as the months and years pass I become acutely aware that it is all going much too fast. I will gladly share my bed, sacrifice my sound sleep, and enjoy those snuggles anytime my babies want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how those request for snuggles melt me. I'm glad you had a successful sleepover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet to hear this side of it! There's only been one night that Brigham hasn't been in bed with us so i guess we are just accustomed to it! I don't know that I can sleep within him tucked beside me. I bet the sleepovers were such a treat! :)

    ReplyDelete