Monday, April 7, 2014

#springunbreak

Spring break this year quickly earned the hashtag "springunbreak."  Not having my couple of hours a day to get things done lost it's novelty quickly but was really great practice for the fast-approaching Summer when things will be this way everyday. for. months.  I've been tossing around Summer entertainment and "lesson-plans" if you will, for a couple months, and lots of my ideas worked well.   I even managed to make it until 4 and 5 pm on a couple of days before ever turning to TV or a movie.

Monday started with piano at Swallow Hill and lunch with MeeMee after piano didn't go so well.  I haven't blogged about it yet because the first class was amazing but no class since has been the same in terms of schedule or success, but I will. 

Throughout the rest of the week we enjoyed a Tante lunch-date and downtown exploring,  a play-date picnic with neighbor Joey who's mama recently became a SAHM-whoo hooo!, snow-tubbing, Jumpstreet with Whole Foods lunch and playground, airport building, plenty of snuggling, ccoking, swinging, and a handful of tantrums, too.  The fun was plentiful and the tantrums few and though it was tough, I have renewed hope that we can have a fun, adventure-filled Summer with a little mindful planning on my part.  The best days were packed with busy and a little forethought and prep went a long way in insuring we were both smiling at the end of the day. 

Tante's Davita building from afar.

The playground at REI.


The sculptures were great for playing and for contemplating life.



Ben learned how to take selfies. :)

He was an amazing help with our roasted veggie tacos.

He loved this make-shift book nook in his play-fort.  I wrote the Easter Bunny and let him know it might make a great gift.


aforementioned "snow-tubbing" When Spring Break hands you a snow day, you get creative!


 
 here's a video of the tubbing


our airport



We capped the week with a visit to Coors Field on opening weekend which was a first for this mama.  Thanks to a partnership with Denver public Schools, we scored a great deal on tickets for the Rockies second home game of the season.  The weather wasn't great but the rain stayed away and we made it through more of the night game than I'd imagined we would. Cole, Grace, Sara and Tante joined in the fun.  Coors field does have a great little playground for restless kiddos and Ryan and I took Ben and the girls to play just when all the action happened but the crisp spring air and happy kids made us smile with delight.  I will say watching 3 kiddos at a crowded playground was tough and I found myself counting them on repeat the whole time, 1...2....oh, where's S-there she is....1...2, 3-exhausting!

Failed attempt at mama/kid/skyline selfie.

  
We rode the e-train and Ben took down an entire footlong hot-dog. :)

Daddy's excitement over Ben's first cotton-candy.

Ryan and I decided we'll have a Rockies date night/afternoon soon.





3 comments:

  1. Planning is your forte and you certainly did a great job this #springunbreak (which is coined perfectly, as it is certainly no break for us mamas!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could be my mom! Life would be so fun! Nuggs - may you always remember the lengths Mommy went to to provide such fun-filled experiences for you and your family and your friends. She is one of a kind! (yes, you can still come live with me when she makes your life "so unfair")

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many smiles, so much fun! Great #springunbreak for you all. :) But as for us teachers, we are so excited to have that week off.

    ReplyDelete