Monday, July 1, 2013

recent good-byes





In the last several months we've said good-bye to two more icons of baby/toddler-hood.   With Ben's room only steps from ours, the fact that we used the monitor for so long is laughable.  Now that he can be free and open his door, we just leave ours open and I usually hear him if he gets up for any reason.  Although I haven't used it in months, I can't bring myself to remove it from my bedside table. :)
"Purple-milky," has also gone the way of the recycle bin. This sippy-cup was the lone sippy survivor for a long time but still Ben's favorite.  We tried to keep it away from his sight but also kept it on hand for when he was sick or all other cups were dirty.  I kept it on the kitchen counter for a while because I wanted to take a pic of the last one and Ben always asked for it and repeated, "purple-milky broken."  I'm sure these moves into full on kid-ness are just beginning so hopefully they'll get easier.  I'll let you know when I actually pack away the monitor. :)

1 comment:

  1. wwaahhhh - ben, you are supposed to stay a teeennyyy tiiinnyyy baby forever!! 2 to 3 has definitely been the hardest on my heart, but it is SO fun to watch you grow. love you!

    ReplyDelete