Tuesday, November 13, 2012

pee

So, yesterday afternoon Ben had a bath after lunch (because he had already begged me for a bath at least 1,278 times that morning.)  As I plop him in his towel on our bed for "lotioning," I get an important return phone call I decide to take knowing Ben will hop up and run naked through the streets house.  Near the end of the call he is standing at the french doors with ALL of himself pressed against the glass and he takes a step back and says, "pee!" Of course he then pees all over the floor. 
As I'm gathering the diaper and cloth etc. to clean him up and contain his madness, I discover another puddle in his room.  The door had not been his first offense.  I finally got him cleaned, diapered, and dressed in some nap jammies and tossed him in the crib-uh oh!! Poor poor Jelly had clearly been on the receiving end of some of the pee. I set him in the bathroom sink for bathing and try hard to get through settling for nap with no Jelly.  Well, Ben did not take this laying down-literally.  He had been pointing to his crotch and saying "pee" since I had praised him repeatedly after initially saying, "noooooo! are you peeing?" at the door.  So, I explain that some of the wonderful pee had gotten on Jelly and he needed a bath (oops) mama to clean him and he would be back in business after nap.
That's when the sadness really set in and the howling , "peeeeeeee........Gewwwwwy!"  "Gewwwwwwwy.....peeeeeeee..............peeeeeeeee!" Every time I entered to settle him he begged for Gewwwy through the crotch grabbing and pee wailing.  Thankfully Ben didn't persist as long as my giggles.
The best part was when I later learned the whole phone call was unnecessary and the friend I was helping said, "I sure hope you didn't go to too much trouble."  I'm SO glad I did :).

4 comments:

  1. Omgosh, I am dying over here just imagining it all. Good thing you have an awesome sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selfishly, I am thrilled someone else is knee-deep in tiny people bodily fluids. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay this is CRAZY. You're going to think *I'm* crazy. I had a dream last night that I went on a trip with friends (including your family of three) and that on the last night of our trip, Ben pooped in his diaper, and my Mike checked it and said he was fine, but then Ben scooted across the carpet leaving a poop trail. If I'm lyin' I'm dyin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta you better pray that premonition doesn't come true:) eeewwww!

      Delete