Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hooray!

Those reading this post title today would likely think this post was going to be about last night's momentous election. Last night the USA elected Barack Obama to a second term in office.  As another friend said in her blog, it will be interesting to think about this time years from now when we are likely reading the post in book form around the Christmas fire. :)

Alas, no politics in this post.  The Hooray! is because Ben had his first speech therapist session today and it was wonderful.  Cathy (and it might be Kathy) was young and warm and great.  Ben seemed to like her very quickly and had fun playing with some of the toys she brought.  The first couple of sessions will just be about getting acquainted but I'm already incredibly excited about some of the tools Cathy gave us and to putting them to use.  

I might discuss some of them here and you know I will let you know how things progress.  For now, I am sighing a very deep sigh of relief that his therapist is great and that Ben will be getting some support.  I hope and pray that two years from now I'm thinking, "why again did we want him to talk so much?!?"

It's an amazingly gorgeous fall day here with temps in the mid-70's and we spent the morning on a great walk.  Something tells me Ben won't complain if we cap this day with a visit to Bonnie Brae "I-meem" before Mother Nature comes to and remembers it's November.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic news! Sounds like a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip Hip Hooray!!! :) I'm so glad it went well. (And glad that Obama is president. I told Brian if Romney won, I was leaving the country. Which might have been good news for Tisha.) :)

    ReplyDelete