So admittedly I wish DaDa was less of a novelty around here because it would mean he was home more often and taken for granted like I am :). Alas, this is not to be for some time as the projects for Ryan are just getting bigger, but last night was an all new low... or high-depending on who's side you're on.
Post-nap Ben and I were enjoying some snuggles on the bench and looking out at the Christmas lights on our house and the others on our street. Of course this elicited a loud and repeated, "DaDa! DaDa! DaDa!" (really blogger would cancel my account if I wrote all the DaDa's that were uttered.) I explained and smiled over and over that yes, "DaDa installed the lights and did a darn fine job." Then Ben turns to the mantel with several candles burning that he had been in awe of since waking. As he points, "DaDa! DaDa!"
"No Ben. Mama! Mama decorated the mantel. Doesn't it look pretty?"
"DaDa! DaDa!"
"NO! MAMA! MAMA! Mama did that! DaDa does not do EVERYTHING!"
Then Ben crouched down, crinkled his nose and sternly yelled (as loud as he does) as he pointed at the mantel, "DADA! DADA!" If I've ever seen him truly angry this was it for Ben. There was no question in his mind that DaDa had done that mantel and I should be stoned for even questioning it.
So, I gave in and told him (in a most passive aggressive way) that if he wanted to believe DaDa had decorated the mantel, birthed him, and created heaven and earth than that was fine. I may or may not have thrown in something under my breath about waiting for DaDa to come make him dinner..........
Happy Holiday Season!!
Hilarious. I have to now be careful about saying, 'Daddy will have to fix that when he gets home' because Cadyn started thinking/saying Daddy was the only one who could fix anything. We get NO credit! ;) Beautiful mantel, as anticipated, btw.
ReplyDeleteLaughing.Uncontrollably. *Whew. Don't worry, we know who really runs the world. (Girls.)
ReplyDelete