Monday, October 8, 2012

to remember

Just a couple cute things Ben is doing these days that I want to document.  
On our walks lately, (which usually happen twice a day to release two-year-old boy energy,) Ben stops randomly in people's yards and lays down on their grass and pretends to sleep.....snoring away!!

 After two or three snores he hops back up and off we go.................



He also loves to sit on the steps of nearly any house, dangle his feet for a second and quickly hit the road again.  We also discuss the building material of most houses and retaining walls as Ben is very proud of his use of the word "brick." Boy did I get him stuck with "modified railroad tie" today. :)

Ben got a Sesame Street book about cooking from his Dada and me for his birthday and finally realized the attached spoon and spatula could come off.  He randomly drags me to the pantry (often shortly after a meal,) and asks for a snack.  He then pulls out the spoon from his book that he has hidden nearby and goes to town eating whatever the snack is with the spoon from the book.  Mind you, dear readers, that most meals are a non-stop monologue by Moi that goes..."Ben, please use your fork," or "Ben, please use your spoon."





My goodness my sweet boy is SO INTO EVERYTHING these days.  My mantra lately is clean, destroy, rotate, repeat.  I really thought I knew what "into everything" meant when Ben first started cruising and opening cupboards.  I really try to funnel this energy into help and Ben is wonderful at helping me unload the dishwasher, or put things into the sink or recycle bin.  This weekend he tried to empty the pantry into said recycle bin and push it down the basement stairs.  I thankfully stopped him before catastrophe struck but have resolved myself to the fact that the price for certain accomplishments these days is that many other things might be undone along the way. :)

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! Benjamin, you crack me up! At all times! This weekend you wouldn't stop rubbing your forehead on MeeMee's hardwood floors. You're an odd bird as they say - not that I would have it any other way :) Toddler-hood is going to be interesting for us all, but just remember that we love you no matter what! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to see that sleep-walking routine. Too cute. Thanks for continuing to share these wonderful glimpses into your lives. Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sleeping in other peoples yards has me in stitches. I hope if they are home and randomly look out their windows that it makes them smile. :) And I thought I got out of the 'into everything' mentality with Cadyn. Um, not so much. Lately, she likes to make me 'special surprises' which entails filling random bags, buckets, and purses with every little thing she can find - the smaller the better. My mantra lately is sort, organize, clean, rotate, repeat. ;)

    ReplyDelete