Sunday, October 21, 2012

Baby Boy L

Last Sunday several friends and I hosted a baby shower for the wonderful Mama-to-Be that gave Jelly to Ben when he was a teeny-tiny babe.  It still baffles me how the universe directed Ben to choose and love Jelly most of all the loveys on his shelf.  We hosted a Sunday morning brunch and the weather was spectacular and the company splendid.  Baby Boy L is due November 20th and he is one very lucky little bundle to be welcomed into a family of love like his.  He couldn't ask for better parents and his Mama is one of the most selfless and kind people I know.  I've been invited to snap some pics of BBL when he arrives and I am beyond honored.  With Thanksgiving early this year, we might just get a very special little butterball.  I can hardly wait to meet him!

I could hardly believe how soft the new Jelly was and this pic shows what two years of love looks like :)

Co-Host Amy and her family found these birds this summer that will fit perfectly with the nursery theme of black and white trees and pops of color.

We tried to follow the nursery color scheme with a hint of fall as well.


The Mama-to-be loves aspen leaves.



We requested books in lieu of cards and sent mom home with a bin for the nursery.

This Ikea fabric made a great tablecloth and can be used by mom anywhere in the black and white Ikea nursery :).  The brunch was DELICIOUS!

Nikki led us in a really fun activity decorating bibs and onesies for BBL.

guests :)

a gorgeous grandma-made blanket


She ended up with lots of these-there was a lot of mom experience present.

Jelly II

Amy explaining Jill's phone call when the crib we gifted arrived 5.5 weeks earlier than expected.

It also happened to be Mama-to-be's birthday!!



We also completed "wishes for baby" as a gift for BBL and his Mama.


 
Everyone (with the the expecting Mama's in front) 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time was had by all! I'm jealous of all the food, and I (of course) LOVE the book idea instead of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You hostesses thought of everything. Absolutely love all of the details right down to the repurposeable (is that a word?!) tablecloth and the decorated book box. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete