Thursday, April 26, 2012

20 months.....and a week :)






Yes, amidst the getting back home from Canada and prepping for the upcoming Camp Tante Weekend (guest post forthcoming), I am late with the 20 month update.  Ben continues to be progressing more quickly physically than in the language department, but is making new sounds all the time and trying harder to repeat what we say.  He is also watching more closely when we talk and I think all the adults around him are making good efforts at repeating words and letting him watch and feel the sounds.
Physically he continues to be fearless and is now using rails on stairs much more frequently.  He takes the step into MeeMee's sunken living room with no hands with ease and stands upright on the jungle gym using the rails instead of "getting down and turning around." 
He is turning on his flirt with much more frequency the last week and has even greeted me in the mornings with his sly grin and sideways head turn. 
He continues to test, "No," though also seems more often to have his feelings hurt when a firm "No" is given.  "Tough cookies my love!," is this Mama's mantra when it comes to no.  I will do everything in my power to avoid having a spoiled brat on my hands.
Everyday with Ben continues to be more fun!! Over the last two weeks especially we have been playing hard, sleeping hard (11 hours at night and 3 at nap :), and sharing lots of giggles when he is awake.  With the playing hard has come increased hunger and a steeper slope from perfectly happy to quite cranky and hungry.  We are tapering more on the milk and offering more snacks and also not offering other foods when Ben chooses not to eat what he is given.  My theory is that if he is hungry, he will eat. 
Speaking of eating, Ben is in LOVE with his Potsy cooking toy right now :), and continues to have lots of fun destroying the block towers his Mama lovingly builds.  We are playing at his water table ALOT when the weather allows and "ba, ba, ball's" are also still a favorite.  


love this smirk :)



He is still loving his Monday music and dance class and is making good progress in the class in many ways.  We are excited to try tumbling, or swimming, or both, next.
The 20 month mark is hard for this Mama as it is so clearly closer to 2 than 1.  Lately when I shudder at how quickly he's growing I calm myself with the affirmation that, "he's only one, he's still your baby."  Alas, this isn't really the case, and thankfully the fun I'm having watching him grow far outweighs the nostalgia for "my baby."
Until next month........................


first grocery store horsey ride

2 comments:

  1. Nuggs - i just love you so much! Watching you grow and change is so fun and I feel so blessed to be a part of your life. I am always sad to watch you be less of a baby, but you are the absolute light of my life.

    My favorite part about this part is that he's pants-less.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thorough recap, mama - you will love looking back at this in a couple of years. :) And I agree with Tante, pants-less Ben is my fave!

    ReplyDelete