Monday, July 11, 2011

One Hundred!!

Indeed this is post 100! Some quick and dirty calculations reveal that's an average of 3 posts a week.  I didn't start with a weekly goal in mind, but I'll take that.  My quaint little mommy blog has become very dear to me, for me there is not a price I could put on the thoughts, memories and moments in time it has helped me capture.  I have found a couple things about it challenging.  It has been challenging at times to keep the focus on Ben and our family and not write about other things, thoughts and current events.  It's funny to me to think how when Ben grows up the questions kids ask might not be, "did you have a baby book?," but instead, "did your Mom blog?" and "do you have it printed?"  I absolutely love how it helps me document our lives in pictures and the treasure it will be for our family.






On Saturday we went to the new Downing Children's Garden at Botanica with friends Jay, Onie and Peter.  I volunteered at Botanica when we first moved here and helped the Executive Director with some of his pleas for contributions for the children's garden.  He was also entertaining construction and design bids then so it was extra neat for me to see it all come to fruition.  It was in the triple digits Saturday so none of us lasted long but the completion scored a 10+ and we will be back.  There was a Very Hungry Caterpillar of Eric Carle fame exhibit, a place to dig for fossil bones, a play house, an interactive music area, a tree house, an ant hill, and several interactive water play areas where kids can water the flowers and play in the sand.  This was Ryan's first visit to Botanica and he got some amazing hibiscus pics while Ben and I took refuge in the gift shop.



3 comments:

  1. There are some things in life that are enhanced with technology. This blog is one of them. What a treasure for all of us now and Ben in the future. You have done an amazing job Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your blog, and would love to hear about the other things, too! What a great historical record. :-) (Says the history nerd.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love your blog and think that maybe a little extra posting about other thoughts might give Ben great insight into his mama and history. Just sayin'. Oh and I flippin' LOVE this pics :)

    ReplyDelete