Tuesday, January 18, 2011

loveys

I read in Parents magazine last week about babies picking Loveys.  I remember being surprised at the age seeming so far away, (9-12 months maybe?) but it's 4 am and I'm not going to stumble down into the dark family room in search of a magazine!
My surprise is rooted in the fact that Ben has 3 Loveys already. There is Max, the reindeer dog from the Grinch, "dog" or "pup" from Grandpa Ken, and Jellycat, who is actually a tiger made by the brand Jellycat, but the name stuck.  When Ben first received Max as a gift, I thought he would be put away with the other Christmas things-think again!!
Ben LOVES his loveys, especially at naptime, but anytime really.  At any moment of unhappiness they can console him like no other toy can and they are a must for each of his many naps during the day.
He doesn't need or use them at night to fall asleep, which is good, but curious.
Following are a few shots of Ben with his Loveys....



I remember my sister's "greenie," large green pillowcase with a very small down pillow inside.  I remember one particular night of running back to the daycare after greenie because she couldn't live without it.  
I'm torn about purchasing back-ups for the Loveys???  The practical mom side of me says, "yes, you must, for your own sanity!!"  The baby doll loving, velveteen rabbit believing, way too many stuffed animals as a kid side of me says each well loved Lovey is special and cannot be replaced with a look-alike.  For now, I'm gonna stick with the originals, but I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. 12-18 months-according to Parents Magazine. I guess as Aunt DeDe says, "he's gifted."

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREENIE!!! omg I STILL miss him. the nugget is adorable as usual. I am happy to sub in as a back-up lovey if the need arises :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three loveys! Ben must have a lot of love to go around :) I too am torn about the back-ups, we will have to discuss.

    ReplyDelete