So, a couple weeks before Christmas I finally got around to putting Ben's room on Rate my Space. For those not in-the-know, it's a part of HGTV's website where you can view and rate people's real spaces, renovations, decor, and offer ideas for updates.
His room received rave reviews and one extra pleasant surprise. A very sweet woman wrote to me and asked if she could feature Ben's room on her Buy Modern Baby blog!! She runs a Buy Modern Baby website and complimentary blog where she features products and "real" rooms. Of course I obliged and feel absolutely thrilled. I believe all decor should be done for yourself and/or your family and not to please others, but to have someone who does modern design for a living compliment my choices meant the world to me, especially because Ben's room was a departure from my typically more traditional decor choices.
It may be as close to famous as this housewife ever gets, but I'll take it!!
http://buymodernbaby.com/blog/2010/12/28/real-room-tour-racing-inspired-modern-nursery/
Whoa, watch out Vern Yip, here comes Jess Heimer :) That is the coolest!!! Props to you and your design eye.
ReplyDelete